We mean it for real now! Nail biting often happens in stressful situations and can occur at any ages. However, it is a habit that should be stopped as it looks both unsightly and is unhygienic. Here are 5 more reasons why you should stop nail biting immediately:
1. Increases the likelihood of infections both in your mouth and on your hands and nails
2. Teeth wear away faster and the chance of holes in the enamel is increased as a result of bacteria on the nails
3. Nails become weak and there is more chance of developing a fungus or infection
4. Wrong type of nail growth is stimulated which increases the chance of an ingrown nail
5. Fingertips look ugly as a result of jagged nail edges and small wounds
It’s about time that you stopped biting your nails!
Need help? Use the Herome Bye Bite.