It’s important to dedicate at least half an hour a week to foot care. If you take your time, it won’t be rushed. See it as self-care!
Don’t cure, prevent
We tend to neglect our feet but your feet are one of the most important parts of your body – they keep us standing! That’s why it is so inconvenient if you suffer from ingrown nails, corns, calluses or any other foot problem. Follow the steps below so you can proudly show off your feet. Not only in the summer, but also in the winter.
Step-by-step foot care
- Tired feet benefit from relaxation and rest. So fill a basin with warm water – not too hot, as it will dry out the skin – and add an effervescent tablet, some bath salts or an essential oil. Not only good for the skin, but the pleasant scent also relaxes the mind. Settle in with relaxing music in the bathroom or with a foot bath in front of the TV. It’s that easy!
- The great advantage of a foot bath: calluses become soft and become easier to remove. Use a good scrub to remove dead skin cells and calluses which will make your feet soft again.
- You can remove stubborn calluses with a foot file. File away calluses with the coarse side of the Glass Pedicure File. Use the fine side for polishing. This makes the skin even softer. Use the file regularly to prevent the build-up of stubborn calluses.
- To ensure that the skin doesn’t dry out, it is important to moisturize with a nourishing foot cream. Our Daily Protection Foot Cream contains ingredients such as menthol, triclosan and glycerine that have a cooling and calming effect. These ingredients also ensure the right moisture balance and protect the skin against bacteria.
Tip: apply the cream before going to bed for optimal absorption.
- Torn skin and cuticles are painful. It’s a sign of dry skin, which needs a lot of attention and hydration. We would recommend putting oil on your cuticles such as the Herome Cuticle Night Repair, a serum containing shea butter, jojoba and almond oil that restores dry, inflamed and painful cuticles.
- Once your cuticles are oiled, they are soft and ready to be pushed back. This stimulates the natural growth of your nails. You can use a so-called cuticle pusher for this.
- You are already well on your way with your overall foot care. Now it’s time for your toenails. Scissors or clippers seem like a quick fix for cutting your nails, but they actually damage your nail plate, which can lead to cracks and splits. That’s why it’s best to file your nails. The Herome Glass Nail File helps you to file in one direction and prevents you from doing the damaging sawing movement.
- For the finishing touch, choose one of the Take Away Nail Colours Nail Polish for your toenails. Just like on your fingernails, apply a base coat first, then two coats of colour and finish with a top coat. This way your nail polish will last longer!
Foot care blogs
Want more tips and advice on how to take care of your feet? How about giving yourself a professional pedicure at home? Check out what the experts at Herôme have to say about foot care here!
More tips and advice
Are you looking for new nail polish colours to give your toenails a new look? Will it be glitter, a French manicure or striking red? Take a look at our webshop for the latest colours from Herome! And don’t forget to check out our Youtube Channel, Instagram and Facebook for more tips and advice so you can give your feet the best care!